Witwisit Hirunwongkul Philippines FC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Filipino fans forum for the Thai artist, Witwisit Hirunwongkul

+27
Dann05
doaoc07
expresswhatsinside
PchyFanatic14
EmpressXenix
pchy_mew28
ethyl
99thornlessredroses
am_ur_numba_one
el_426
inyigo
Jadenorven
zydrelle
chanrakter
julliancloud
Rushellraj
D@shie
manta2k8
g33r00
krispen
peech
itinakdada08
afterdark13
phelom
nepotism
imakuni
Mew
31 posters

to the guys (particularly the straight guys here)

PchyFanatic14

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2010-09-11

to the guys (particularly the straight guys here) - Page 4 Empty Re: to the guys (particularly the straight guys here)

Post by PchyFanatic14 September 17th 2010, 11:29 pm

madami pa din kacng homophobic...Sad nung nakita nga nung tatay ko ung kissing scene tinanong ako bgla kung bakla daw ba ako...wahahaha
    99thornlessredroses
    99thornlessredroses
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Number of posts : 5010
    Registration date : 2010-01-17

to the guys (particularly the straight guys here) - Page 4 Empty Re: to the guys (particularly the straight guys here)

Post by 99thornlessredroses September 18th 2010, 1:59 am

woah. isn't that a bit too judgemental?
    expresswhatsinside
    expresswhatsinside
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Number of posts : 4653

Post by expresswhatsinside September 22nd 2010, 11:34 pm

Hey guys, newbie here... I just joined about two days ago.. Anyway, being a straight guy too, yep I totally agree with every single post here. I believe our country has been shaped to believe that homosexuality is bad. Being open-minded, I don't really care at all whatever a person's sexual preference is. We are all human beings and we are all entitled to live our own lives as long as we don't do harm to anyone.

Anyway, about the movie... at first I was having second thoughts of watching the film since a friend of mine gave me a hint that it had a bit of gayness in the theme, but, I'm glad I watched it. Smile Unlike most gay films here in our country, TLOS is a different movie, it's more of an art than just a regular film. It focuses not on the sexual aspect of a gay relationship, but on the undying love both Mew and Tong have for each other. It's nice how the movie emphasizes the idea that love knows no boundaries and no gender. Smile Another thing I like about the film is that aside from the love Mew and Tong for each other, it also focuses on the different kinds of love: the love between family members, the love between friends and the ever so popular kind - unrequited love Smile

I'm straight but to be honest, I felt giddy whenever Mew and Tong had sweet moments - IDK, maybe they just look good together that I guess I'm happy for them Smile; I also felt sad when Tong had to let go of Mew to face his responsibilities as a son.

Regarding promoting this to friends, I'm not ashamed to tell them I liked the movie. In fact the friend who recommended me to watch this is indeed straight too. I really don't care what people think about me, as long as I am sure of what I am. I don't care if they think the movie's gay, it's their loss not mine. As of now, I am trying to get people to watch it, friends, my mom and probably other relatives as well. Smile

On being a pchynatic, I admire pchy for being who he is and for having a lot of talents. I actually envy how he's gifted in almost all departments (looks, music, intelligence, charm and charisma, the voice, etc) and I am inspired to be like him Very Happy I started listening to their songs (and singing to some of them too!) a few days ago and I honestly think they're one awesome band!

So, in short, Go Pchy! Go TLOS! Go august! Smile
    99thornlessredroses
    99thornlessredroses
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Post by 99thornlessredroses September 23rd 2010, 2:02 am

there really are gays and lesbians out there. the world just needs to accept that fact. and i agree that we're entitled to do anything that we want. just make sure it won't hurt others.

*sigh* if only my friend told me the real story of TLOS then i shouldn't have been shocked while watching it. i believe it isn't a gay film. it may have an aspect of gayness but gay films are really different. and i must say that i focused on tong's family affair and not the mew-tong love team. (but some people really like to highlight that part, i guess.)

i'm not ashamed to tell it too. being a youth leader, it doesn't really make me shy that i've watched it wholeheartedly. it deals with so many aspects in life and it has a very good flow indeed.

and lastly, i proudly say that i'm a pchynatic. there's nothing to be shy about it. i idolize pchy and that's the truth. people may state issues about it, but i really don't care. hahaha!
    expresswhatsinside
    expresswhatsinside
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Post by expresswhatsinside September 23rd 2010, 2:10 am

hahaha same here, for me it's not a gay film perse but i'd like to believe the focus was the love/friendship between mew and tong and how this friendship/love affects their life, the people around them and tong's family.

well, we all have different ideas so, i guess it's fine Very Happy
    99thornlessredroses
    99thornlessredroses
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Post by 99thornlessredroses September 23rd 2010, 2:15 am

yeah. there are even interpretations about it. some people think too deeply. hahaha!
    expresswhatsinside
    expresswhatsinside
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Post by expresswhatsinside September 23rd 2010, 2:21 am

i think i've read this somewhere! hahaha are you talking about the various symbolisms in the film? like how tong says he hates purple? or how mew is referred to as sta.claus? or how tong and mew share the same ice cream? or the meaning of the doll itself? Smile
    99thornlessredroses
    99thornlessredroses
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Post by 99thornlessredroses September 23rd 2010, 2:28 am

yeah those. i can't believe people still do that. they're so cynical! i haven't read anything about the ice cream thingy though. to the guys (particularly the straight guys here) - Page 4 M190
    expresswhatsinside
    expresswhatsinside
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Post by expresswhatsinside September 23rd 2010, 2:36 am

lol i read it via pex. i think it's an official explanation of the symbolisms in the movie. hahaha it's pretty cute. made me figure things out LOL. Very Happy (i studied film, so i'm used to this nerdy type of stuff hahaha)...

anyway, with the ice cream, it was just pointed out how mew and tong have this deepened sense of friendship, almost weird for two straight guy friends to have. In the film, notice how donut and tong weren't sharing the same ice cream bowl as compared to when he and mew went out, they were sharing one huge bowl of ice cream. Smile >> i believe this is what tong's friends referred to when they told him somebody saw him with a guy from st. nicholas. Smile
    99thornlessredroses
    99thornlessredroses
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Post by 99thornlessredroses September 23rd 2010, 2:50 am

really? is there any way that i can visit it even if i don't have an account there? i'm used to nerdy stuff you know. hahaha!

and what's the symbolism about it? the cup? if it's the cup then i get the symbolism that they're saying.
    expresswhatsinside
    expresswhatsinside
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Post by expresswhatsinside September 23rd 2010, 2:54 am

i think you can visit. D@shie posts there in that thread haha i just forgot the url. well, with the ice cream, it was just pointed out that mew and tong share a different kind of relationship. Why?

1. Tong and Donut are lovers and they're the ones you'd expect to share a cup of ice cream, but they don't. they both have individual orders.

2. Tong and Mew, who are supposedly "just friends", share one cup/order. A guy wouldn't share a cup of ice cream with another guy especially if they're not romantically linked. Smile so it kinda gives a hint of what's going on between tong and mew.

actually it's more of a trivia than a symbolism.

if it helps, try checking this: http://tl.gd/64u363 it's a tweet of mine summarizing the entire thing i saw in pex. Smile
    99thornlessredroses
    99thornlessredroses
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Post by 99thornlessredroses September 23rd 2010, 3:07 am

i've though of it way too far. hahaha! deym.

but sharing the same cup of ice cream with a guy? i've done that so many times before. and we're really NOT romantically linked. no joke.

what thread is it? could you post it for me? XD
    expresswhatsinside
    expresswhatsinside
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Post by expresswhatsinside September 23rd 2010, 3:10 am

well you know how conservative people are in thailand so it's weird for them Smile... i haven't done it yet and i don't have plans of doing it hahahaha (no offense!) Smile

awww, the thread? i couldn't find the link, but i do have screen caps of the post if you want. Smile

http://tl.gd/64u363 >> this tweet of mine summarizes the stuff as well.
    99thornlessredroses
    99thornlessredroses
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Post by 99thornlessredroses September 23rd 2010, 3:24 am

that's weird. maybe the concept of "barkada" there is not that close. don't worry. i'm not offended. haha! it's just that i'm used to do that with my friends. we even share the same spoon, fork, cups, etc. when eating. there's no malice in that.

is that all there is? are there no longer explanations or something? sorry for being so demanding. haha!
    expresswhatsinside
    expresswhatsinside
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Post by expresswhatsinside September 23rd 2010, 3:27 am

lol, i'm afraid that's all there is Sad but, if i find a new one, i'll inform you. hahahaha Razz
    99thornlessredroses
    99thornlessredroses
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Post by 99thornlessredroses September 23rd 2010, 3:29 am

oh. sorry about that. i was expecting out-of-this-world explanations about the symbolisms. hahaha! i've noticed that your surname is "isip"? do you have any relatives here in laguna?
    expresswhatsinside
    expresswhatsinside
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Post by expresswhatsinside September 23rd 2010, 3:37 am

lol, not that i remember Smile hahahahahaha i do have a lot in pampanga hahaha but we barely go there.
    99thornlessredroses
    99thornlessredroses
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Post by 99thornlessredroses September 23rd 2010, 3:39 am

oh. i know someone who's surname is "isip". gosh. he's a former classmate and he's an IT student.
    expresswhatsinside
    expresswhatsinside
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Post by expresswhatsinside September 23rd 2010, 3:44 am

lol! hahaha i don't remember having relatives there sorry Very Happy hahahahaha but it's possible he's a relative. our clan's really small.
    99thornlessredroses
    99thornlessredroses
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Post by 99thornlessredroses September 23rd 2010, 3:51 am

wahaha. oh well. don't mind it. he's just bothersome that's all. XD
    doaoc07
    doaoc07
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Number of posts : 3956
    Registration date : 2010-09-13

Post by doaoc07 September 26th 2010, 11:03 am

expresswhatsinside wrote:i think i've read this somewhere! hahaha are you talking about the various symbolisms in the film? like how tong says he hates purple? or how mew is referred to as sta.claus? or how tong and mew share the same ice cream? or the meaning of the doll itself? Smile

seriously? haha dayum.
    expresswhatsinside
    expresswhatsinside
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Post by expresswhatsinside September 26th 2010, 1:00 pm

Yef.. Id gladly relay the entire stuff if you want haha it made sense tho Smile
    doaoc07
    doaoc07
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Post by doaoc07 September 26th 2010, 1:05 pm

go! haha commence relay of information regarding symbolisms surrounding the mew-tong love interest.
    expresswhatsinside
    expresswhatsinside
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Post by expresswhatsinside September 26th 2010, 1:13 pm

Hahaha later lol im too lazyyyy hahah Wink)
    doaoc07
    doaoc07
    Honorary Pchynatic
    Honorary Pchynatic

Post by doaoc07 September 26th 2010, 1:15 pm

haha no problem Smile you don't actually have to. if you just want to. haha

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 27th 2024, 9:20 am